So to use them both, I looked up an easy banana muffin recipe. I adapted it from this:
I had to adapt it since I only had 2 large bananas. Reading the comments, I felt safe reducing the sugar to 1/2 cup, and started with 1 cup flour to see if more was needed. It was perfect.
I also added my new favorite ingredient: coconut oil! Love it on oatmeal, just love it so much! Thinking that it is good for you, no need to swap out applesauce for oil.
They were easy, only cooked for 20 minutes, and tasted great! Oh, and I added walnuts. Because I could.
I hope you enjoy!
Easy Banana Nut Muffinsmakes 10-12
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Dash cinnamon
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and egg.
- Add coconut oil.
- Combine dry ingredients and gently stir into banana mixture.
- Mix in nuts. Don't over mix batter.
- Pour into well-greased muffin tin or 10-12 paper muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.