Jun 2, 2011

Food pyramid replaced by 'MyPlate' icon emphasizing fruit, vegetable, grains, protein and dairy

The US Department of Agriculture got rid of the Food Pyramid after all these years and many changes. Now they have made a pie chart into a dish (with a little drink on the side).




The message is the same, I think: For good health eat mostly fruits, vegetables, and grains. Plus a little protein.

They go into more detail in this article: Food pyramid replaced by 'MyPlate' icon emphasizing fruit, vegetable, grains, protein and dairy from Science Daily.


For tips and more information about eating healthy, go the the government's new web page to address nutritional health: ChooseMyPlate.gov


For more info:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to mention that I've truly enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I will be subscribing on your rss feed and I hope you write once more very soon!

my web blog; high energy foods for athletes