Oct 22, 2008

Baked Spaghetti Squash with Guyere and Parsley


I never tried Spaghetti Squash until I was in my 30's. I had no recipe, and just tried it with spaghetti sauce the first time. I took to it immediately! My number one complaint against most squash is it's mushiness. Once you scoop out the seeds (save them for roasting!) and such, you drag a fork along the inside skin, and spaghetti-like strands emerge. But even better than spaghetti, the squash has a bit of a crunch, which I love.

Then I discovered this recipe, and that was it! No more red sauce on this wonderful vegetable! My 11-year old daughter likes it so much that she specifically requested it for Thanksgiving last year.

This is a simple recipe, and you can roast the squash in advance. Serve it any time you want to impress someone - it's impressive! It must be the cheese...


Baked Spaghetti Squash with Guyere and Parsley

1 spaghetti squash, about 3 lbs, punctured
1 cup Guyere cheese, grated
3 to 4 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup parsley, chopped with 1 garlic clove
Salt and freshly milled pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake the squash until the flish is yielding and soft, an hour or more. Cool. Slice the squash in half and scrape out the seeds. Now drag a fork through the flesh, pulling the strands apart. Tos them with the parsley, cheese, and butter. Season with salt and pepper and serve.

Serves 4

From this cookbook - click it to find out more.

No comments: